Wednesday 1 June 2016

Zero to Zenith in English..

Hello all!!
Though I haven't reached the Zenith yet...but I am on my way to that and i know the way pretty clearly.
In this post I am gonna let u know how i raised my English from zero to appreciable level.
As most of Indian students..I studied till my tenth standard in regional language(Telugu). Our English teaching till tenth used to be just drilling important poems and Q&As. To simply put our ability in English...we used to answer hint story...by just filling some random words in the blanks!!!
Fortunately..in tenth class i got robust basics of English from one of the best teachers i have ever..Mr.Ch.A.Raju sir.
That laid very strong foundation to my English and raised my confidence that i can master it.
However, basics were just tenses table, parts of speech,types of sentences, direct-indirect speech and active and passive voice.
You might be wondering..these we can find in grammar books..Yess!! You are correct.
But not the PRACTICE...!!
Yes..the PRACTICE I did during my tenth on these basics...helped me to lay strong foundation.

However, the above mentioned basics has very little importance if we come to English speaking. Yes!! There are lot more required things which i'm gonna mention below...
1.Belief:
It is basic requirement...if you want to learn anything new....
You need to believe that you can talk in English because "if a man can do..another man can also do..."
I believe I can. If u believe.. you also can..as we both born on same planet.!!
2.Visualize:
Visualize (or you can say Dream) yourself speaking English in front gathering eloquently. This helps you to programme your brain for ur goal...thereby..brain cooperates you much instead of giving excuses.
3.L R S:
L-Listen...
R-Read...
S-Speak..
Here, i mean..Live in English if you want to learn English. There is no wonder in the statement. You know how we learned our regional language...we used to be surrounded by it..hence we got..that's it.
Similarly surround yourself with English..you will get!!!
Myself..I watch TED videos, English movies...as a part of Listening.
I read around 7 books(related to business,personality and leadership)..and still going on..as a part of Reading(didn't consider acadamics).
I do talk to many new people everyday...I do give my testimonials in front of pretty big gatherings how I improved my personality(initially used to be small gatherings)...as a part of speaking.
4.Mistake:
Our system trained our brains in such a way that we think making mistake in learning is crime.
It is absolutely a wrong impact. Come out of the dogma. A person can learn bicycle only if he fall several times.
Our learning strategy should be.."Make mistakes...Correct mistakes...Again make Mistakes...Again repeat..".
Suppose..you are trying to hit a goal in soccer..it is more likely you hit the goal...if number of trails is higher.
Same way..it is more likely you master English...if number of new mistakes you make everyday is higher.

Ultimately...Steps in Learning English converges to 3 of the following actions..
1.Practice!
2.Practice!
3.Practice!
Yess!!..Keep practicing..
Take care..
Good day..

No comments:

Post a Comment